- death camp
- nouna concentration camp where prisoners are likely to die or be killed
* * *noun: a concentration camp in which large numbers of prisoners are systematically killed
* * *a concentration camp in which the inmates are unlikely to survive or to which they have been sent to be executed.[1940-45]
* * *a concentration camp in which prisoners die or are killed
* * *death camp,= extermination camp: (Cf. ↑extermination camp) »
... Auschwitz, the largest and most famous of the death camps (Hannah Arendt).
* * *n. a prison camp, esp. one for political prisoners or prisoners of war, in which many die from poor conditions and treatment or from mass execution
* * *noun, pl ⋯ camps [count]: a place where large numbers of prisoners are taken to be killed during a war : a concentration camp where many people are killed
Nazi death camps
Useful english dictionary. 2012.